Sorry, nothing in cart.
Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine – Plant
Queen of Night or commonly known Raatrani, Raat ki Rani, Night Queen, night-blooming cestrum is an evergreen woody shrub.
10 in stock
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine
The cestrum nocturnum is known as night-blooming cestrum, night-blooming jasmine, night jasmiine, night scented jessamine, night jessamine, lady of the night, queen of the night, raat ki rani, Raatraani or Raatriraani, Night Queen, Hasna Hena (Hasnuhana )
This sprawling shrub has glossy, smooth, simple leaves, vine-like stems. It blooms in cycles throughout warm weather. Greenish-creamy white tubular flowers rise from above leaves along the stem, followed by shiny white, fleshy berries.
Planting and care
It is native to the West Indies, but naturalized in South Asia. The night scented jessamine grows best in a garden bed, or it can also be grown in pots or containers. Choose a pot of size about 75 liters (20 gallons) with a number of holes to provide drainage. It is better to start with a smaller pot and transplant it in the next bigger size as the roots grow.
Caring for Raat Ki Rani
- Raat ki rani grows best when trimmed and kept in the size and shape of a bush otherwise it grows thin developing a long stem trailing like a climber and taking over the other pots.
- It alsolooks good when the white flowers grow on the bush and the sight is wonderful to see the round shape of the raat ki rani bush laden with tiny tubular white flowers growing in bunches drooping down with its weight, and of course the heavenly fragrance.
- Night blooming jasmine blooms only when the weather is warm.
- The night blooming jasmine grows well in full sun light or partial shade.
- If they are in frost areas, consider planting under a tree.
- If frost is expected, move the plant indoors or under shelter.
- The plant will die if exposed to frost but will grow again in the spring.
Typical uses of Raat Ki Rani
Special features: Night scented jessamine the cestrum nocturnum flowering bush can grow in all climates (mostly warm) and is an evergreen flowering bush.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA